The Project evolves…

So, this post is typical, it’s predicable, but I feel that it’s worthwhile writing about all the same…

I’ve organised auditions and sent an excerpt of the script out to all auditioning. I’ve been hesitant as to what I should send out. Firstly because I don’t want the dialogue to be that important in the final film, but obviously, it is important for the audition and secondly, because I am looking to the actors we chose to further develop the characters. Paul has mentioned several times that we can’t hold ourselves to a particular look, or image, we need to be open, and expect the actors to eventually know more about the characters then we (or I) do.

So that I had something decent to give the actors, I fleshed out the scene in which Bill and Linda fight about their lifestyle and their relationship and in doing that, in over-writing it I got  new perspective on where their relationship should move to. In early draft stages I was stuck on this 1 minute per page. I found it hard to write, to add in more – but not have unnecessary dialogue (even though it may appear that most of the dialogue in the first draft was unnecessary…). The script was coming together in a new way, right in front of my eyes. There was more meaning – Linda needs to be in the drivers seat of the car, she was driving the two of them, and in the end Bill, now in control, drives off. It’s all laid out, right there. In writing more then I needed I was able to create a more finite image of how I want the film to look – the way I want it to finish.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s